Most people dream about becoming a millionaire at one time or another, and a good millionaire success habits summary usually gives you a lot of tips for how to do just that. These tips usually include habits and tasks that they did to get where they are today, making them very valuable indeed.
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Most millionaires started out like everybody else, and many of them have gone to great lengths to get where they are today. Still, if you explore their lifestyle and daily habits, you’ll usually find at least a few things that most people simply aren’t in the habit of doing. By copying those things, you just might be successful like they are, and it’s likely easier than you think.
61 Habits of Millionaires
Positive, productive habits are the key to success, including financial success. If you’re curious about what millionaires have that you don’t – besides money – below are descriptions of the habits they participate in that most other people do not.
- Advertisement -
1. Get into the habit of a morning routine. Get in the right mindset as soon as you wake up. Make plans accordingly and change or update goals when necessary. Most of all, base everything on one thing: focus.
- Advertisement -
2. Learn to respond instead of reacting to situations. In the morning and evenings, don’t go near your phone. It’s best to center yourself and disconnect with the world at the beginning and the end of each day. If you take phone calls too early or too late in the day, it can throw off your focus.
3. Make sure that you eat right. If you aren’t physically healthy, you won’t be emotionally strong, either. Focusing on your goals takes a lot of energy, and both physical and psychological energy must be fed regularly in order to survive.
- Advertisement -
4. Consider your to-do list a list of things you “get” to do, not things you “have” to do. Think about what your life was like when things weren’t going well, and realize how much better off you are now. Consider yourself lucky that you “get” to do the things on your list.
5. Don’t let your thoughts define you. For the most part, you are unable to control your thoughts. For most people, all they need is a handful of changes in order to be successful. Even though your mind might be racing a mile a minute, that doesn’t mean that you need to feel overwhelmed and assume that there are one-thousand things to do before you meet success.
6. Be happy with yourself. Make sure that when you look in the mirror, a smile comes across your face. You can be true to yourself once you decide what you’re supposed to be doing and feel like that decision is the right one for you.
7. Be grateful for everything. There are numerous studies proving that being more grateful for things makes you happier and more self-fulfilled. Learn to appreciate the smaller things in life, and realize that there are blessings everywhere you look.
8. Make sure that you feed your soul as well as your body. Read books on other people who are successful. Meditate. Write in a journal. Do whatever you need to do to make sure that your psyche is being well-nourished just as your body is.
9. Exercise regularly. After all, eating right does little for you if you don’t add exercise to your routine. Choose a type of exercise you enjoy so that you can stick with it. Run, walk, get on an elliptical, or ride a bike. It doesn’t matter what exercise you choose, as long as you move your body regularly.
10. Be completely committed to and enthusiastic about your goals. If you’re not excited about them, you may need to change them up a little. You should feel a genuine excitement at all times for the things you want to do with your life.
11. Save, save, save. No, you do not need that $5 cup of coffee every morning. Concentrate on saving everything you can. Does this alone make you a millionaire? Of course not, but the more money you save, the closer you get to your goal of having a lot of money in the bank.
The More Practical, the Better
And it gets even better. Any millionaire success habits summary is going to include practical tips to make your dreams come true, so let’s continue with this list and enable you to learn even more.
12. Learn all you can about being wealthy. Practice how it will feel when you’re rich. Test-drive an expensive car. Buy a jacket from the most expensive clothing store in town. Learn now what it is going to feel like when you’re a millionaire. To make things even better, most of these things will cost you little to no money.
13. Go above and beyond when it comes to customer service. Whether you’re selling a product or a service, you need to do it to the best of your ability – not most of the time, but all of the time. People will notice, and your business will grow because of it.
14. Don’t look just at the trees; instead, see the entire forest. Look at the big picture instead of just a piece of it. Change the entire way you think about everything, especially your business and your goals. This is the only way to make those things happen.
15. Seek out relationships with wealthy people. After all, your non-wealthy friends don’t know anything about being rich. Only rich people do. Hang out where millionaires hang out and strike up a relationship with one so that you can have a mentor from then on.
16. If you want to be rich one day, you have to believe that it is going to happen one day. Not that it might happen, but it will happen. You have to have a lot of belief in yourself and just know in your heart that you are going to be a millionaire someday.
17. Get involved in the community. All communities need volunteers for a variety of projects. Not only is it a great way to network, but it is also perfect for getting your name out there as someone who cares about his community and his neighborhood.
18. Make sure that your financial plan is in writing. The plan should also contain two very important aspects: how much money you have, and how much money you spend. You should know those two numbers at all times. Don’t just estimate – know for sure. Anyone who has made it to the top did so with the help of a written financial plan.
19. Take advantage of governmental laws and opportunities. If you invest, invest in those plans with the highest return rates. Contribute to your 401(k) or 403(b). Make sure that taxes and investment costs are low. In addition, only use brokerage firms that won’t charge an arm and a leg for their services. Furthermore, if you qualify for government grants, use them.
20. Make sure that you have an automatic deduction from your paycheck each week so that a certain percentage of it goes directly into an IRA, 401(k), or some other savings tool. You won’t miss it because it is a small amount of money, but it sure adds up over time.
21. Be frugal. You don’t have to be stingy, but you do have to be frugal. Limit the times you use your credit cards, and use cash whenever possible. In fact, if you live below your means, you can save even more money. Save the lavish lifestyles for when you can afford them, and even then, you should live below your means.
22. Think of income-building as something done in steps, not all at once. You can’t go from $3,000 a month to $20,000 a month overnight. However, you can increase your income in small increments until you get it up to where you’d like it to be.
23. Increase the number of ways you earn money. If you work full-time, consider taking on a part-time job as well. You can also invest, start a side business, and even rent out your home, your car, and anything else that you think someone may like to rent from you. Do whatever it takes to have several “streams” of income coming in at one time.
24. Learn, learn, learn. Read success books every chance you get. Concentrate not only on being an expert in your field but also on being well-rounded. Seek out mentors and listen to podcasts on your way to and from work. As long as you’re learning, you’re gaining what you need to help you achieve your goals.
25. Go out and grab your opportunities. Opportunities will not just fall in your lap; you have to go out and get them. If you have a business idea, make it your side job until it starts to grow. Make sure people with influence know who you are so that when an opportunity comes up, they’ll immediately think of you.
Think of It as a Group Effort
You can’t get to be a millionaire on your own. You need expert advice from people who are already there. Below are some additional ways these millionaires have accomplished their goals.
26. In everything related to your finances, be bold. Invest aggressively, and save aggressively. Don’t be afraid to save or invest as much as you can afford. With bold investing usually comes bold results.
27. Start your own business. Most millionaires work for themselves, not somebody else. If you’re confident enough with the idea, go after it with everything you’ve got. Working for someone else never made anybody a millionaire – only working at your own business accomplishes that.
28. Seek out advice from the professionals. Never assume that you know everything. The experts are out there for a reason, so don’t hesitate to seek out advice from entrepreneurs, bankers, financial experts, or experts in your chosen business. They have a lot of information to share, and the chances are good that they are willing to share it with you at any time.
29. Take a look at what you’re spending on the “big 3” – transportation, food, and housing. Decide where you can cut back in order to save some money. If you get creative, you can easily discover ways to save month after month, and that extra money can go directly into your savings account or your next investment.
30. Make yourself valuable to employers. Invest in your job skills, and work hard so that employers know how valuable you are. If you do this, you can easily get a promotion or a better-paying job, and as you climb up the corporate ladder, keep working hard and learning so that you become even more valuable.
31. Make sure that you value every single dollar you have. When you go grocery shopping, shop where you know your money will go farther. When you put gas in your car, find the gas station with the lowest-priced gas. All of these little things add up, and before you know it, you will have more money.
32. This one may sound basic, but make sure that you are taking full advantage of social media. Your business needs exposure, and Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter are perfect tools to accomplish that exposure. Learn to use these programs to maximize your exposure, and you can even start a blog with keyword-rich articles to increase your customer base.
33. Make sure that you are an expert in your field. The more you know, the more valuable you become. You cannot learn too much about your business. If you learn all you can about your business, other people will soon catch on and come to you for advice and assistance. Never stop learning about your chosen career path.
34. Participate in networking at every opportunity. Face-to-face marketing and promotion will never die out, so you need to use it to your full advantage. Network every time you get a chance, and make sure that you always have enough business cards on hand. Most of all, never, ever stop with your networking efforts. It should be a regular part of your life.
35. If you can’t afford to live in your city, move. This is your livelihood, after all, so if you have to move to a more affordable city in order to survive, do so. It will be worth it in the end, and it can start saving you money immediately.
36. If you’re unsure what type of business you want, try something that allows for repeat customers. Repeat business is your key to success. You don’t want to sell something that people only need one of every 30 years unless it’s a high-priced item such as a house. Sell something that people will come back to you again and again and buy.
37. Invest in real estate when you can. This might feel a little scary, but it doesn’t have to be. If you can buy a small piece of land or a condo and keep it for a while, you are all but guaranteed to make money on it in the end. Look for inexpensive real estate whenever you can, and start investing.
38. Concentrate on being decisive. If you can’t make a decision, you can lose out on a lot of opportunities. “Decision fatigue” is real, and if you take too long to make a decision, it makes you look unprofessional. Most successful business people make decisions quickly, so learn to do just that.
Why Stop Now?
Millionaires actually enjoy sharing their methods of success with others, so why not take advantage of this? A good millionaire success habits summary has dozens of tips that are tried and proven to be successful. Let’s keep going with even more of these tips.
39. Always think big. If you want to be a millionaire, aim for making $10 million, not just $1 million. There is no shortage of money on the planet. There is, however, a shortage of people who know what to do to get their share of it. If you’re going to aim for something, aim big.
40. Change your entire mindset about money. Don’t think about getting rich as something that happens to other people. Accept the fact that you, too, will be rich one day. What you believe about making money and what you’re actually thinking are what set you apart from most other people.
41. Don’t worry about what your neighbors are doing. Trying to “keep up with the Joneses” will only put you in the poor house and make you miserable. Don’t try to impress your neighbors; in fact, you should forget about them completely. Simply concentrate on your life and your financial goals.
42. Practice discipline in everything. This includes both your personal and your professional life. Write everything down so you can know where you are regarding the goals you’ve set for yourself. Be disciplined with both your physical and your emotional needs. Do what you can to achieve your goals every minute of every day, which you can only do if you’re disciplined.
43. Whatever you do, stick with your plan. Even if things go awry, get back on track as quickly as possible and trudge ahead. Keep your goals forever in your mind, and especially when you know you’re on the right track, never lose sight of what your goals are or what your life and financial plan are doing.
44. Know the difference between preparation and luck. Luck is likely going to be one of the reasons for your success, but it won’t be the main reason. Preparation is key, and it is vital if you want to be rich someday. Learn the differences between these two things, and rely on preparation much more than luck.
45. When you invest, make sure that you diversify. Everyone’s heard of an investor who lost everything on an investment, but there are ways to avoid this. Participate in both aggressive and conservative strategies, because this is the best way to make sure that you don’t lose too much money when things don’t work out as you planned.
46. Be willing to do what it takes to succeed. Work your business, work until late at night if you have to, and don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. Remember, this is your business, and you are the one who will reap the most rewards once it’s successful. Don’t be afraid to put in the work necessary to make that happen.
47. Accept that college might not be the way to get rich. Not all college degrees will land you a job that allows you to become a millionaire. Explore niches that are overlooked by others, niches that don’t require a college education to succeed. You’ll be surprised what you find when you look for this.
48. Don’t worry about your social life. Concentrate instead on your professional life. This doesn’t mean that you can never go out and have a good time. It just means that for now, your professional goals should take precedence over everything else. It will be worth it in the end.
49. Ask your boss for a raise. Of course, this doesn’t always work, but you won’t know until you try it. Remember, one of your goals is to increase your level of income gradually, and getting a raise goes a long way in accomplishing that.
50. Spread the knowledge. The chances of being successful are greater if you learn from successful people, and paying it forward is part of that process. Make sure that you are mentoring others and sharing what you know with them. You can even turn some of that knowledge into an e-book and sell it online.
The Final Stretch
Now that we have those out of the way, let’s aim for a few more tips for wanna-be millionaires.
51. Learn to sell. Whether you have a product or service at the center of your business, you have to know how to sell to be successful. The word “sales” has gotten a bad rap in recent years, but in reality, it is a part of every single business. Read and learn all you can about the sales process, and your business will thank you for it.
52. Create intellectual property. Intellectual property includes books, art, scripts, patents, and songs. If you’re a professor, author a book on a subject people are interested in. If you’re a dentist, develop a better dental instrument and patent it. There are dozens of ways you can create intellectual property, and a little due diligence on the Internet can help you get started.
53. Make sure that you have a good financial advisor. This is crucial to your financial success. Visit your advisor regularly to make sure that you are on track to achieving your goals, and heed his or her advice so that your finances can improve year after year.
54. Don’t give up when you fail. Failures are a part of life, but it’s important that you get back up and start working hard again so that you can move forward. Perseverance is key because the last thing you want to do is give up before you’ve reached your goal.
55. Be a good listener, and ask the right questions. Listening is lacking in a lot of business relationships nowadays. Stay in the moment, use the right body language, and don’t be too anxious to get a hold of the conversation. Learn to listen and ask questions the right way.
56. Don’t be afraid of change. Periodically, you may have to reinvent yourself and change course. Technology and market changes may require you to make these changes, and your adaptability can go a long way towards your success. Don’t resist change. Just determine why it happened and capitalize on the right solution to a problem.
57. If you’re trying to think of a new business, think about what people need, not what you yourself want. Satisfying a need that the public has will almost certainly create the perfect business opportunity. Always choose a business based on a basic need that the average individual has.
58. Don’t waste your time with excuses. If you don’t reach a goal, you can evaluate the situation and determine what went wrong, but don’t make excuses. Excuses are a huge time-waster, and they never solve anything in the long run. Just get back on track, and get back to work.
59. Pick something you’re afraid of, and do it. If you’re afraid to interview millionaires for your website or talk to a banker about taking out a loan, do it anyway. People don’t bite, and the more you get out of your comfort zone, the more you will grow – in more ways than one.
60. Take advantage of discounts, freebies, and coupons. You’ll be surprised by how much money these things will save you, and they can be found everywhere. There are even websites that can provide you with these things, so go online and get started right away.
61. Make sure that you know how investments, savings accounts, retirement accounts, and other accounts work. Don’t just blindly invest in these things. Learn the facts so that you can make the wisest financial decisions in the end.
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -