So, you’re wondering how to get a girl to like you in middle school?
Middle school marks the start of an exciting phase of life. Kids in middle school have their hands full. Studies, friends and many extra-curricular activities keep them busy all the time. But the most exciting experience that all middle school boys look forward to and anticipate is meeting girls. Many of them will become your friends or your girlfriends. Thus, middle school can be the start of a love story or a great friendship.
If you have a special girl in sight but are not sure if she’ll like you or not, then you’ve come to the right place.
We have some amazing tips and tricks that can get her to like you. These tips will help you improve yourself and show her that you are a fun and cool person. These tips will eventually help you win her attention and affection.
However, before we go on and share these tips, let us first go through some signs that girls show when they like you.
Does She Like Me?
It can be tricky, to be honest, to find out if a girl likes you or not. Some girls are outgoing and confident and will talk to you. And then there are girls that are shy and don’t say much. They don’t show you how they feel.
Do you also have a girl that falls in the latter category?
Can’t figure out if she likes you or not?
Here are some techniques to find it out.
1. Pay Attention to Her Body Language
Paying attention to her body language can help you find out if a girl really likes you or not. She may be shy and not say it to your face, but her body language may give her away. Besides that, one of the biggest signs that she may actually like you is if she turns her body towards you. She may also try leaning in when she’s talking to you so that she can get closer to you. These are some basic signs that tell you that she likes you too.
There are some other signs too that can answer the question, ‘is she into me?’. Check for the following:
- Does she twirl her hair when talking to you and look at her feet? These are signs of nervousness and shyness because she may like you.
- Does she play with her jewelry or hands or just shuffles her feet? These are signs of fidgeting because she might like you.
- Does she break eye contact after you two have shared an intense eye contact? Does she look away? If yes, then she may be feeling shy to talk to you about her feelings.
- Is she always smiling when you are around even when you did nothing to make her smile? It is a sign that she may like you.
2. Notice How She Looks Around You
Have you noticed that she is often dressed up more when she is aware that you will be around? If yes, then she may be trying to look good to get your attention without saying anything.
Another thing to notice is if she wears perfume when you are around. For instance, do you notice that she doesn’t wear perfume when in school? If you smell a nice, refreshing scent when she comes to talk to you, then she might be doing it for you.
3. Do You Make Her Blush?
She may try to hide her emotions, but one thing that often gives her away is blushing.
Does her face turn red while you two are in the middle of a conversation?
She may be feeling shy talking to you because she likes you. But make sure you observe her for a while before getting too happy. Many girls are just shy, and they blush whenever someone talks to them. If she blushes only when she talks to you, then you may have a chance with her.
How to Get a Girl to Like You in Middle School?
So, you have your eyes on a girl that you really like.
But, are you sure that she likes you too?
What if she doesn’t respond the way you wanted when you go talk to her?
Thus, it is best to be prepared and set the ground first before you go talk to her. There are some things that can make a girl like you. Let us make it easy for you by describing these things in detail.
4. Get Her to Notice You
You like a girl. Great.
But does she even know that you exist?
You cannot get a girl to like you if she doesn’t even know that you exist. There are many boys in school, and you have to stand out to get noticed. Therefore, you have to be creative and deliberate and make an effort, and she’ll start noticing you before you know it.
Not sure how to do it?
5. Be Your True Self
She probably won’t like you if you are trying too hard to be someone else. Thus, be yourself. No girl likes dishonest boys. You may be able to pull off these lies for some time, but she will eventually figure it out. And, she won’t be happy to find out that you aren’t exactly who you are portraying to be.
The girl should like you for who you really are. Therefore, continue doing the things that you love and normally do. Don’t get into the pretend game. It is also important to stick to your beliefs and values. Changing everything that defines who you really are may get you the girl, but you will have a hard time gaining her respect. She may consider you insincere.
On the other hand, if you remain true to yourself, you will not have to get into any awkward situations. Thus, be yourself and she’ll come to you if she really likes you.
- Don’t be Desperate: Girls don’t like the guys who appear to be too desperate and needy. Therefore, don’t go overboard or that may show that you are too desperate.
- Be Casual: Just play it cool. Don’t fret about simple things like ‘what if she doesn’t like my shirt’. Be nice to her because girls like guys who just go with the flow and act natural.
- Don’t Show Off: Showing off too much can make a girl think that you are too self-obsessed, and you don’t want that. Therefore, do what you normally do, and everything will start falling into place.
6. Care about Your Personal Hygiene
It is important to look clean and good when you are around her. But, this doesn’t mean that you spend hundreds of dollars to get a new wardrobe. Even basic hygiene can impact how she perceives you. Here are some simple things that you can do to get her positive attention:
- Wash your face and shower regularly. Also, wash your hair every few days.
- Do you have acne? Get treatment for it or try some home remedies that are known to help reduce and control acne.
- Comb your hair so that you look neat.
- Use a body spray or cologne, but again, don’t go overboard. You should smell good and following basic hygiene rituals can make a lot of difference.
- Get in shape. Are you too thin or overweight? Why not hit the gym and get in shape. Girls like guys who are fit. Just make sure you don’t overdo anything.
7. Be Nice
Most girls fall for guys who are really nice. Therefore, be nice, kind, gentle and polite. Here are some other things that can help you get noticed.
- Be a Gentleman: Try to be mature about stuff. Cracking jokes about her body or someone else’s body is not fine. Thus, be decent and respectful and don’t say anything that you wouldn’t want others to say about you.
- Offer Help: Does she need help with anything? If yes, then stick up for her. Help her get out of an uncomfortable situation. Help out others too, and she will definitely notice you.
8. Capture Her Attention
Now that you’ve done all this, it is time to capture her attention. Make sure you don’t appear too desperate while doing it. Also, don’t come across as obnoxious. Be subtle.
- Strike a Balance Between Her and Your Friends: You don’t have to lose your friends to get her attention. Find a balance between the two. Talk to her for a minute when you see her in the hallway and then catch up with your friends.
- Talk to Her: See her at the store or a party? Go and say hello. Having a conversation with her will break the ice between you two. Ask questions and get to know her.
9. Show Her That You Care
She may notice that you are trying to get her attention. But she may not consider being your girlfriend right away. You have to show her that you care about her in a special way.
Keep reading to know more about how you can do that!
10. Compliment Her
Girls love when guys compliment them. However, you have to make sure that the comments are reasonable, not too cheesy— unless she likes that.
Do you like the way she laughs? Tell her!
Is she looking nice today? Why not compliment her?
Don’t just focus on her appearance while you compliment her. In addition to it, compliment her on her accomplishments, personality or the way she cares about her friends. Whatever you say, say it with a sincere heart.
11. Befriend Her
You can’t just go and ask her to be your girlfriend. You have to be friends with her first. This will make it easier for you to talk to her and will make your encounters with her less awkward. Win her trust by becoming friends with her. Be there for her without expecting anything in return.
- Help Her: You see her struggling with something? Go and ask if you can be of any help. If she chooses you to help her out, then it is a sign that she likes you.
- Spend Time with Her: Try to spend time with her. Sit next to her in the class or ask her to help you with something. Don’t forget to compliment her when she helps.
- Focus on Her Face: Girls don’t like guys who act like perverts. Don’t stare at her body. Look directly into her eyes when you are talking to her. Eye-contact is very important. Treat her with respect and it will do wonders for you.
- Include Her in Your Group: Include her and her friends in your group activities. Invite her and her friends to watch a movie with you and your friends. This will help you befriend her and will also give you more opportunities to talk to her.
12. Make Her Feel Special
Now that you are friends with her, be on the lookout for opportunities to make her feel special. This will let her know that you are interested in her.
- Help Her Out: We can’t stress this enough. The more you help her out, the more she’ll notice you. Thus, help her carry her books. Ask her if she needs any help studying for the test or ask her if she can help you in preparing for it.
- Ask for Her Number: Now is the right time to ask for her number. But don’t appear too desperate and clingy when you get it. Text her and let her know that you are thinking about her. Make sure that you keep your conversations normal.
- Make Eye-Contact: Look into her eyes and stare at her face. Keep your eyes from wandering all over her body, or she’ll think that you are only interested in getting physical.
- Make Every Goodbye Special: Stay with her a little longer when it is time to say goodbye. It will tell her that you don’t like leaving her side.
13. Get Close to Her
Now it is time to get close to her. By getting close, we don’t mean try to get physical. Here is how you should go about it.
14. Start Flirting, But Be Subtle
You have to be really gentle when it comes to flirting as a little goes a long way here. Don’t come off too strong, though. In fact, try to be more deliberate and considerate when it comes to your gestures around her. Consider flirting only when you have befriended her and when you think you know her enough.
- Make Her Laugh: Girls like guys with a good sense of humor. While you don’t have to force humor into every situation, you should try to make her smile as much as you can. Laugh along with her and you will notice her leaning more towards you.
- Compliment Her but Keep it Appropriate: Compliment her in a graceful and classy way. Avoid complimenting her on her physical features only. Instead, include praises about her smile, eyes, clothing, hair, etc.
15. Break the Touch Barrier
Now that you two seem to get along well, you can work on breaking the touch barrier. It is important to only touch her in safe places such as her hands, back, shoulder, etc. Brush against her shoulder “accidentally” and smile at her. Did she smile back? If yes, then she may like you.
16. Avoid Bothering, Boring or Pestering Her
Making an impression on a girl can be difficult when you also have to respect her personal space. Don’t come off as too bothersome and pesky. She’ll start ignoring you if you are being too annoying. Don’t go all out and tell her everything about yourself. It is always great to be a bit mysterious.
Also, avoid asking the same things again and again as it annoys girls.
17. Ask Her Out
If you think you are ready, then it is time to ask her out. However, you need to make sure that you have grabbed her attention enough.
Has she shown some signs that she may be interested in you?
This is where you need to scroll up and read the signs that show that she might be into you. If she is showing these signs, then it is a good time to ask her out.
A date can be anything, from attending a school event together to asking her to hang out with you and your friends.
18. Do it the Right Way
It is very important to ask her out appropriately. You’ve come this far and you don’t want to ruin it by making her feel uncomfortable when you ask her out on a date. The idea is to keep it casual. However, being too casual can put you into the friend zone. Thus, find the perfect balance between casual and formal and just try to make it special for her.
- Decide the Time and Place: Plan the date before you ask her out. You are her friend, so you should know if her parents will be OK with you two hanging out. Moreover, think about all the good ideas you have and choose the one you think is the best one.
- Ask Her When She’s Alone: Many girls feel uncomfortable and aren’t sure what to say when they are asked out in front of their friends. Thus, it is best to ask her when she’s alone so that there is no pressure on her and you can get an honest answer.
- Ask Her in Person: Sending a message on social media or over a text is not a good idea. Therefore, do it in person. We understand that you might be nervous. Don’t worry, it is natural to feel this way. But it is going to be OK. Just go and ask her.
All is good if she says yes. But if she says no, then you can tell her that you will probably ask again if she isn’t ready yet or has some other commitment. If you think she might not be interested in you that way, you can still be good friends with her. You’ll meet some other girl, and things may click between you two.
19. Ask Her to be Your Girlfriend
So, you’ve been on a date with her now. You two like each other and enjoy spending time together. If you are ready, you can go on and ask her to be your girlfriend. But, you have to make sure that this is really what you want. If you are confident enough, go ahead and ask her.
Give her flowers. Be romantic. Compliment her or write her a note.
Tell her that she means more to you than just a friend. Ask her if she would like to be your girlfriend. If she says yes, you need to make sure that you two are always in a comfortable situation. Hang out with friends or at each other’s homes.
The Final Word
It is important not to give into peer pressure. Finally, you don’t really need to get a girlfriend in middle school only because all your friends have one. Do it only when you find the right girl and feel ready for it.
These were some simple yet effective tips on how to get a girl to like you in middle school. We hope this helps you.