Joining blog advertising networks can be a great way to make money online.
Since blogging has become the newest trend of the digital age, chances are you might be blogging as a freelancer, or perhaps are managing a blog to drive more traffic to your business website.
So, if you have jumped onto the blogging bandwagon already, you might as well make hay while the sun shines.
According to survey results, global ad spending is increasing continuously. It is projected to reach over $375 billion in the coming year. Since a major chunk of the total ad spend is on online advertisements, joining blog advertisement networks gives you the opportunity to leverage the marketing trend in your favor.
It’s quite simple and straightforward, and can be a side-hustle, or even your main source of income depending on the approach you take. Plus, there are different ways to make money through advertising on your blog. So, you can easily choose the one that works best for you.
Here, we list down the best blog advertising networks that you can join to turn your website into a money-making machine:
1. Google AdSense
Google AdSense is, by far, one of the most popular ways of making money online. So, it’s only obvious why it tops our list of ad networks for bloggers.
However, you must keep in mind that getting approved for AdSense is not as easy as it sounds. They have rather strict criteria for accepting publishers, and your blog must tick all the boxes to be able to join the platform. However, if you get accepted, rest assured that it’s a brand that you can rely on.
- Hosts millions of advertisers, so your ad spaces will be filled in no time
- Find relevant, high-quality ads for your audience
- Automatically optimizes the size of ad units to fit different mobile devices, so that your user experience isn’t compromised
- Lists ads tailored to your blog’s layout. This saves you time making changes to the code
Mediavine is one of the best ad networks for professional and newbie bloggers alike. This is because it is basically an ad management company.
Mediavine offers a range of services, such as display ad optimization, sponsored influencer marketing, video monetization, and more.
However, you need to have at least 30,000 monthly page views before joining Mediavine.
- Ensures that the ads don’t overload you site
- Offers great customer service
- Networking opportunity at conferences and similar events hosted by Mediavine
- Get the opportunity to interact with industry experts through a private Facebook group
- Secure payment method (via PayPal)
AdThrive specializes in ad management and exclusive marketing campaigns. It is particularly great for bloggers interested in cost per mille/ cost per thousand (CPM) marketing because AdThrive publishers can reach over 90 million monthly views.
However, AdThrive is quite selective when it comes to approving sites for joining their network. Also, it requires potential publishers to have a minimum of 100,000 monthly page views, so keep this in mind before applying.
- Offers impressive customer support, so you can easily get the answers to any queries you might have about the ad network and how it works
- Guarantees huge earnings
- Google Certified Ad Partner – this eliminates the risk of your site being penalized because of hosting ads that are not compliant with Google’s practices and policies
- Join their Facebook group to learn more tips and tricks for blog monetization
Ezoic is a platform for bloggers and digital publishers to increase web revenue through online ads. It streamlines the process of selecting, publishing, and managing ads on your blog by using artificial intelligence. This ensures improved user experience while helping you earn higher ad revenue.
- Ad tester feature automatically tests your site with different ad placements to learn how visitors respond and interact
- Layout tester feature enables you to choose a design that is compatible with your website
- Ads will be optimized for different web layouts (mobile, tablet, or desktop)
- Get big data analytics reports to further improve user experience and site earnings
- Side speed tools to help speed your website loading time
5. Momentum / BlogHer
Momentum, also known as BlogHer, is an ad publishing network specifically geared towards women. It is run by SheKnows Media, a large platform of female bloggers who are very successful in their respective niches.
If your blog is predominantly targeted at women, or based on topics like fashion, motherhood, and cooking, this ad network is a must-join.
- Get exposure through the BlogHer community
- A chance to get approved for sponsored content and thus, increase page views and increase brand awareness
Adbuff is perfect for anyone who is not a full-time blogger, but has the basic know-how of making money online. This ad network offers remarkable CPM rates and an impressive fill rate. So, if you have sufficient page views, you can easily earn a significant amount of money through ad revenue by becoming a publisher at Adbuff.
- Real-time reporting dashboard gives you live and accurate updates so that you can make informed decisions
Media.net is not specifically designed for bloggers, but it is still one of the largest ad networks in the world, and definitely one that you can benefit from.
Being a part of the Yahoo! Bing network, Media.net boasts a diverse pool of advertisers looking for reputable sites that can aid them in their marketing campaigns.
- It is the preferred choice for many renowned publishers including Elle, Forbes, Good Housekeeping, and Reuters, to name a few
- Wide variety of ads to choose from
- Offer several ad placement options, such as desktop ads, in-content ads, mobile-based ads and so on
- Monitor the effectiveness of joining the ad network through analytical reports
Bidvertiser has been the preferred choice for thousands of bloggers for a very long time. One of the main reasons behind this popularity is their low payout threshold.
While most blog advertising networks don’t pay publishers until they have earned a few hundred dollars from ad revenue, Bidvertiser makes the payment even if you have only earned $10 so far.
- Choose from a variety of ad formats that will go well with your current web layout
- The simple user interface makes it easy to navigate the site and keep track of everything
- On-time payments
- Multiple payment methods including PayPal, check or direct bank transfer
Infolinks follows the pay per click model, and is ideal for implementing in-text advertisements. In case you are unsure of what that means, here’s a brief explanation.
In-text ads appear as ordinary words within your main text, except that they are double-underlined. When clicked upon, they open up as an ad. Every time a visitor clicks on in-text ads, you earn a certain amount of money as specified in the terms and conditions.
- Get a massive 70% share of the total revenue generated
- Advanced ad units that monetize your traffic
- Compatible on different mobile platforms
- Offer unique ad units to make the best possible use of available space on your site
- Uses smart algorithms to deliver purposeful ads to users at the right time
- Trusted by more than 100,000 publishers worldwide
PulsePoint is a blog advertising network based on the CPM model. This means that you earn a fixed commission upon creating a thousand impressions of a given ad.
PulsePoint aims to redefine traditional healthcare advertisements. Keeping in line with this mission, it offers programmatically powered digital ad units to connect healthcare marketers in the US with potential publishers all over the world.
- Set your own prices for CPM
- Payments made every six weeks
- The ultimate choice for advertising on blogs related to health and fitness
SOVRN (pronounced ‘sovereign’) is a well-established advertising network that powers more than 40,000 independent websites in various countries.
It provides managed ad operations to increase your yield and earn more money through on-site advertisement.
- Trusted by renowned brands like ESPN, dwell, Britannica and Bustle
- Gain access to various advertisement tools (header bidding, server-to-server bidding, and waterfall bidding)
- Higher CPM rates than most of the other alternatives
- Easy to implement ads – works without requiring any modifications in code
- Compatible with Google’s Exchange Bidding and Amazon’s Transparent Ad Marketplace (TAM)
12. Hilltop Ads
Hilltop Ads is a foolproof way to earn money via your blog. Why?
It comprises of a special technology that enables the featured ads to move past ad-blocking algorithms.
Hilltop Ads provides unique ad formats to match the latest trends in the relevant industry. This, in turn, helps you achieve higher click-through rates and, thus, earn more money.
- Anti-adblocker technology guarantees that you benefit from virtually every visitor on your site
- Choose from a range of different ad models (CPC, CPM or CPA)
- Get real-time data on ad performance and tracking
- Suitable for blogs related to any niche
- Multiple payment methods (Bitcoin, Wire, Paxum, ePayments, Webmoney, and ePayService)
13. Propeller Ads
Propeller Ads is the go-to choice for novice bloggers because getting the approval to hop on board is super easy.
The site optimizes ads automatically because cutting manual processes is a surefire way to enhance the effectiveness of the ad campaign.
- Choose between the CPA, CPC, and CPM payment models
- Get detailed reports of your earnings in real-time
- Track performance and make the required changes to boost your ad revenue further
- AI-based system fine-tunes the setting automatically to help you earn the maximum amount of revenue
- Fraud prevention technology ensures a healthy relationship between publishers and advertisers
RevenueHits is based on the CPA payment model. It is a good choice to consider if you already have a large following for your blog, and your audiences are well engaged with the content that you share – because this ensures that the ads posted will generate a considerable number of leads.
Through this blog advertisement network, you can expect to earn around $10 to $50 for each completed action.
- Derive the maximum benefit from interactive bog posts
- Automated ad selection increases the chances of visitors successfully completing the required action
ClickAdu is a premium advertising network that specializes in web as well as mobile marketing channels. It follows the pop-under ad model and offers fully managed ad campaigns.
This user-friendly self-serve platform protects your site from fraud and bot filters, so that you can sign up as a publisher without any worries.
- Advance features like geo-targeting and device identification ensure that the ad reaches the desired audience and thus, help generate higher click-through rates
- Higher CPM rates compared to various alternatives
- Get detailed statistics for the ad performance on your blog
- Guarantees 100% fill rate to avail the unused ad spaces
When it comes to the best way of earning money through your blog, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Different blog advertising networks follow different strategies, offer different rates, and have their own specific criteria for determining who can join as a member.
Therefore, carry out thorough research before applying for any ad network.
Alternatively, you can also use other methods, such as joining an affiliate marketing program to diversify your income streams and make money while blogging.